Pretty as a picture....


Photo taken from www.eddieross.com

I love this style of house - most houses in England are brick or stone and clapboard houses look so pretty to me. This house is in Rye, New York which I have in fact visited - we have very good family friends who live there and I am sure we have driven past this gorgeous home.
I love everything about this house, the symetry of it, the chairs on the lawn, the lamps, the white clapboard, the steps up to the front door, the roof, the pink hydrangeas......something about it reminds me of the "Father of the Bride" house and I LOVED that house!

4 comments:

  1. There are just no homes like this in Australia. This house is beautiful and so very dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, love it too.
    We are neighbours in North London!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this style too, although our home is so different, I dream of a big white house with hydrangeas some on the east coast on or near the ocean...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so inviting, isn't it? Makes me consider painting our house white...

    ReplyDelete

« »
Related Posts with Thumbnails

The Bottom of the Ironing Basket All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger