Tea and knitting....

Fingers crossed that it stays on!!


My friend Lucinda has a beautiful tea room and craft shop called Emporium in Muswell Hill where we live and today, after school, she is hosting a "Mad Hatter's Tea Party".........my daughter (and I) spent yesterday evening creating her hat......and then I spent a few minutes this morning creating something that my son will probably wear for all of one minute.....if that! Not quite Phillip Treacy but lots of fun nonetheless :)
I have always wanted to knit......I can sew but I really adore knitwear.....and autumn, winter, boots, scarves, jumpers etc.......so today I am having my first knitting lesson with a very talented and creative friend who makes the most wonderful knitted pieces, I can't wait!

9 comments:

  1. Oh knitting. I tried that once. It's actally a lot harder than I thought...good luck.

    Thanks again for the sweet comments. You made my day. Oh and glad you like my music. That's always nice to hear. Have a wonderful day:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pics. I can knit but not sew. Although haven't tried knitting in years. Have fun with your day's adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore Olivia's hat!!! You are so clever, my girl. I love that you will learn to knit! How fun, I can see you doing really well at it.
    xoxoxox
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh knitting! My secret desire. That isn't so secret.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how I wish I could join you at that tea... How was it?
    Hugs to my girl please,
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mad hat indeed. Fabulously, colourfully, magically mad!!! Olivia will be the envy of all.
    I tried knitting for a couple of months but couldn't get my 100mph brain to slow down long enough to enjoy it. Savour the yarns for me & enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tagged you darling...you're it. Come see what that means!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the hat Simone ~ you will have to let us know how the tea party went!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you'll love your knitting experience Simone! I'm an abject failure at anything crafty, but I can actually produce something half pie decent with wool & needles. Thanks for your well wishes, looks like the Drs. have finally got their act together, will know more tomorrow.
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete

« »
Related Posts with Thumbnails

The Bottom of the Ironing Basket All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger