I Love You Penelope Cruz....

I love Penelope Cruz, just love her, I can't help it! Just as when I see a fabulous dress or a delicious chocolate-y dessert, I fall in love....it's the same with the gorgeous Ms Cruz....she is simply stunning. And of course she is a really wonderful actress.....if you haven't yet seen her in "Volver" or "Vicky Cristina Barcelona".....you must, she just shines.
There is an innate quality that Spanish women, and Italians too for that matter, seem to possess....hard to define.... the self-contained French don't have it, us reserved and fairly conservative British women definitely don't and nor do the Americans either....it's a sensuality, a conscious knowledge of and confidence in their sexuality, a passion for life and love.....something that sets them apart from other nationalities.....a very continental European trait....I can think of a whole host of Italian actresses that have it....and I'm sure many of you would agree that you only have to walk around the streets Rome or Madrid to see it in abundance.....those gorgeous dark haired, dark eyed, olive skinned girls have "IT"....the lucky things!
Penelope seems to be a woman of strength, intelligence, warmth, conviction and determination....not just a pretty face. The first Spanish actress to win an Oscar, she manages to combine a successful Hollywood career with appearing in many European films, particularly those of Pedro Almodovar, without compromising on an ounce of her Spanish essence.....or getting implants or a nose job.....viva Penelope! (I am going to pretend that her relationship with a certain Mr Cruise never happened.....what WAS she thinking?!)








Wearing Atelier Versace and Chopard diamonds at the Oscars 2008 when she was nominated for "Volver"....what a fabulous dress....


I absolutely LOVE this photo which appeared in Spanish Vogue....her dress is gorgeous but mainly it is such a sexy image....just so....Spanish!


On the cover of Spanish Vogue....






Winning the Best Supporting Actress Oscar for "Vicky Cristina Barcelona" 2009....

28 comments:

  1. If you don't mind having to read subtitles, try and get hold of a DVD on eBay of one of her early films before she was discovered by Hollywood, called "Jamón Jamón", made in Spain in 1992 - she's sooo sexy in it. I remember thinking when I saw it that here was a real beauty waiting to be discovered.
    (Thanks so much for your always lovely comments on my blog, they're so appreciated)
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's fantastic because she seems a real woman not a holliwood plastic doll!

    I've nominated you for a blog award at my blog, come for a visit if you wish! :)
    have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely collection of Penelope photos - she is just gorgeous and I am eternally jealous of her hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a woman! Love the M shot with the bangs.

    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved her in Vicki Christina Barcelona!
    Thanks for stopping by.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. could not agree more. she is one of the most stunningly beautiful women i've ever seen!! love her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so agree with you...she is one of my favourites too. I adore image number 2..when she is in that beautiful pinkish dress! Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep she's really beautiful. Very pretty mouth. I don't like to hear her talk though. Don't know why:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. She certainly is a beautiful women and very good actress, .....her only fault, Simone ? The fact that she went out with Tom Cruz !!!!!
    She must have had a funny moment...thank goodness she got over it !!!!...fabulous photographs and I love the one for Spanish Vogue. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could not agree more. I have always thought that to be true. I think women who have dark eyes and hair are the most beautiful, but then you have to have the sass to pull it off. I don't have it D:

    Fabulous post ~

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so agree with IT! They have it in spades. Love her and the photo's show her off beautifully.

    I love the first and of course the colour and get-up in the second.

    Hope your weekend was good sis :o
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree on that latin sensuality thing, but I also think maybe it comes from the appreciation they seem to get from their men. I definately think Italian men seem to endorse and celebrate the femininity of women

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this post and i love Penelope Cruz...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally agree with you Simone - Miss Cruz is gorgeous! Did I imagine it or was there a bit of a fling with that Tom Cruise person a while back? A momentary lapse of which I will forgive her this once, but hey, what was she thinking!!
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  15. she is indeed gorgeous and au natural....lovely actress and beautiful photos as usual, Simone!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Simone
    You are so right - Italian & Spanish women certainly have that certain something. It is a natural confidence, and no matter how hard I might try, I'm out of luck!! How naturally gorgeous is this girl? I just love that photo for Spanish Vogue.
    Thanks so much for adding me to your blog roll! I'm very chuffed!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love her fabulous accent!! Just a gorgeous woman!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have you seen Ricky Christina Barcelona? Her character is just so eccentric and fabulous and she is just tooo beautiful for words in it! The styling is fantastic also!

    ReplyDelete
  19. SHe is just so beautiful! Fab photo collection Simone.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I couldn't agree more - Penelope is Perfection! And I am a bit envious of those Latin beauties and wish my mom would have thought about having a Latin Lover so I could have acquired that "it"! ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loved your guest post on tracys blog...led me to your dalring blog...and now im hooked. Another daily read to add to my collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. SHES SUCH A BAAAAAAAABE. I love her and her accent

    ReplyDelete
  23. she is a beautiful woman for sure ~ gorgeous pictures Simone!

    ReplyDelete
  24. She is gorgeous! New to your blog, but definitely a follower now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello! I found you when you wrote guest blog for Tracy. Yours is beautiful, and I agree, Penelope is such a style and beauty icon!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I found you through Tracy and now following too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, but don't I adore her! I was so happy when she took home the Academy Award this season. What a beauty + a fantastic talent.

    Marvelous images, darling!

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

« »
Related Posts with Thumbnails

The Bottom of the Ironing Basket All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger