Elle Macpherson....The Body....

....at Marc Jacob's Louis Vuitton show in Paris, March 2010....



....those shiny trousers that made all the headlines last month!





....The Body indeed....


....with her ex-fiance and father of her boys, financier Arpad Busson....




....School Run Chic....




The latest host of "Britain's Next Top Model" Elle Macpherson is also the cover girl of the August issue of Tatler magazine....she looks stunning!

The 47 year old Australian supermodel and businesswoman has been based in London for over 20 years
and is a familiar face here....known for her underwear collections (Elle Macpherson Intimates), her charity work and featuring regularly in the media as Notting Hill Yummy Mummy No. 1!

She is glamorous and beautiful, as much now as she was when she first started modelling (if not more so) and undoubtedly she is one of those people who appeals to both men and women - the former want to date her and the latter want to look like her and be friends with her....she has that unique appeal. She talks about ageing and seems realistic and frank about a business where models get younger (and thinner) every season....refreshingly,"thin" has never been Elle's thing....thank goodness...while she clearly has an amazing figure, she has always looked healthy and althletic and she obviously works hard at it....

I have always liked and admired her but I found a new appreciation for her after reading the Tatler interview this week, seeing not only the super-focused business side of her but also a more human and "normal" side.

I love that she's Australian since, in my experience, those Australian girls seem to have a great energy and zest for life and an excellent and down-to-earth sense of humour - she clearly has that! She's focused and driven but she also loves the arts, reads, travels - and she's a hands-on mother to two young sons. She is also proving to be a very good host on BNTM.

Reading the interview, I really liked her, finding her inspiring, interesting, focused, totally comfortable in her own skin and very honest.... someone who even though she has already accomplished so much, is still continually striving to learn and do more....truly a woman of and for our times....now there's someone who is a positive role model for our daughters....


32 comments:

  1. wow she's so stunning wow! love her! have a great week darling Simone! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I must read it. I've noticed that she has really come out lately. She was very quite for a number of years.

    She is looking so stunning too, just amazing. I love it too that she looks healthy.
    xxx Deej

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me the jury's still out on Elle. A little flaky at times, I think she's done a great job at creating her brand & expanding it globally. A relative has dealt with her professionally on a number of occasions over the years & found her to be every bit the demanding Superstar with the big entourage of flunkies. Still I guess if I'd continued on with my SuperModel career, I'd be exactly the same!!
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simone,

    What an amazing lady she is...just so gorgeous with a KILLER smile! I love that she is proud to be a healthy weight too. After reading more about her in your post, it seems that she also has a great outlook on life. She radiates especially in the last photo!

    I hope you had a great weekend, and wishing you a lovely week my friend!
    xoxoxo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree wholeheartedly with you. She is stunning. I adore her. Her smile and zest for life is contagious and her confidence makes her so attractive to both men and women like you said. She does have a killer body but it is continually amazing to me how far a smile and confidence will take you. LOVE her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think she is divine too. So healthy looking. I wonder if you saw an interview with her in the UK Times about a year ago? She came across as completely mad and she was very heavily criticised. I know she had PND and I really feel for her it can't have been fun to split up with the father of your children like that. And yes she must be a good businessperson to have not blown it all by now.

    Great images. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always look like that when I ride my bike with my kid on the back....;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. She rocks. Always always looks completely natural and beautiful. And, her smile is 1 million kilowatts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I kind of have a fascination with Elle. She's so beautiful. I also love her lingerie line.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That smile, more than "the Body".

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is such an amazing woman, super smart. Thanks so much for your kind words on my blog last friday. Hugs. Simone xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a thing for Elle - I think she looks awesome and whenever I see her photographed she simply does not have a bad day! As your post is a testament!

    That hair! Not many women that age can have such long hair and look that great. That Body! Of course - it's her namesake, but still, worth a note! I must watch the new show. The leather leggings - I think amazing that she wore them; I mean seriously, they would normally be the domain of the 20 year old but she does it with aplomb! Aplomb being an under-used word! I like her. I like her almost like I like Olivia P! Now that would be a show - East Side Princess meets Aussie Surf Babe. Errr but I digress....

    Also, I think Elle should be a lesson to all women about dressing well for the school run. I can be done...she is the evidence! Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  13. She looks great! Maybe Australia should give her an award!! That piccy of her riding the bike to drop off one of her sons at school... So classy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simone...you expressed it all so well. I read the same article the other day..she has come a long way and your right about those Aussie women...they just have that extra special something!


    Jeanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh what happy news for me to find out that Elle is 47! I had no idea! Happy news, because I will be turning that same age on Sunday! And now I feel I will be in very good company! :)

    Lovely post!!

    XOXO,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh la la ~ what a lady! She is gorgeous and those legs ~ what I would give for a pair of legs like that! Great post Simone ~ love it when you choose someone like this to feature.

    ReplyDelete
  17. She is stunning. So naturally gorgeous. And 47 - whhaaaaattt!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have always loved Elle's look. I haven't a clue as to what her personality is and what she would be like to work with but, I am not really liking her in BNTM. I find her rather stiff and dull, I'm afraid.
    But you can't ever get away from the fact that she is stunning. If I was asked who I would like to look like, it would be Elle and Jennifer Aniston. Rather a similar look I think. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi - just to say thank you for the wonderful and insightful comment you left...you are a star and I am sure your Boo will be just fine with a Mummy like you. Me x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love Love Love Elle - she is fast becoming one of my new style crushes. Must catch up on my BNTM - I only watch it to see her! For 47 I think she's incredible and love that she got away with those PVC pants - if you can do it like that then why not? And as Grazia says - the Mutton dressed as lamb thing is in the past... if you can work it like Elle then work it you must! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a stunning post Simone! I have always liked Elle, I think she's beautiful and I think she seems really down to earth, like you said, someone you could easily see yourself friends with. She makes fabulous look so effortless! Sounds like a great article, and like you said, she's an excellent role model! (Loved your comment over on Lou's post too!!!) xoxox Hugs to you dear friend xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. She is sheer joy to look at and so good to hear that she manages her life so well!

    ReplyDelete
  23. She is such a natural beauty!!

    Hope you are doing well ~~
    xoxo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  24. I agree. She's stunning. I can't help but think of her when she was on Friends. She played such a bitch.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dear Simone, great post. She looks amazing. I loved the Tatler interview as well. I hope you're having a lovely week with your children xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've always loved Elle! She is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I agree Elle is all good and looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Seriously, does she ever age?? I swear, her body is the same as it was when she was 25. That girl is blessed!

    ReplyDelete

« »
Related Posts with Thumbnails

The Bottom of the Ironing Basket All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger