Friday Fabulousness....Men of Style....Part 1








via The Sartorialist....






I asked my very handsome friend Paul - director, buyer and designer at one of London's oldest gentlemens outfitters - to name his Top Five Style Icons....his choices...James Dean, Johnny Depp, Frank Sinatra, Guy Ritchie (who he often dresses and designs for) and Tom Ford....





The gorgeous Christina at Fashion's Most Wanted selected Steve McQueen, James Dean, Marlon Brando, Paul Newman, Cary Grant, Mick Jagger, Fred Astaire, David Bowie, Daniel Craig....(she knows her style icons!)....




Amanda at Forty Not Out (the girl who knows fashion!) chose....Tom Ford, James Dean, George Clooney, David Beckham and Marc Jacobs....







Marsha at Splenderosa chose Cary Grant, Steve McQueen, Sean Connery, Ralph Lauren, Johnny Depp, Robert Redford, Tom Ford....

Oh, this was such a fun post to do!! There will definitely be a part 2!
Thank you to Christina, Amanda and Marsha....

This first week of the holidays has absolutely flown by...lots of fun and activities....
We saw "Toy Story 3" which was just wonderful, we all loved it....a few tears were shed for sure....

I have just finished Joan Didion's "The Year of Magical Thinking" today....an amazing and very moving book which really made me appreciate the art of great writing. Ms Didion constructs each sentence so beautifully and you sense how carefully she has chosen each word - I'm really not sure I have ever noticed it so much before with any other writer.
I am now starting "One Day" by David Nicholls.

And finally....as of today, I have my new laptop....bliss :) 

Happy Week-end to you all, thank you for all the fabulous comments this week :)

PS I am dedicating this post to my pal James....definitely a man of style and a gentleman....


I have been nominated in the Fashion & Style category of the Cosmo blog awards....should you wish to do so, you can vote for me here....thank you!!


26 comments:

  1. This one was so much fun Simone ~ you do find the most spectacular photos! I love the one of Paul Newman and the designer quotes. I received my book this week ~ Thank You ~ I cannot wait to read it!! Have a wonderful week-end. mwah! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really glad to see Cary Grant make someone's list. I know Clooney seems to emulate him, but no one could pull it off as well as Cary Grant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Undeniably a well-dressed man is oh so sexy. Unless your a well-dressed little man & then you just want to give them a hug. Simone so glad you all are enjoying your holiday. Joan's book sounds like something I'd really enjoy. Congrat's on your award too!

    Cheers ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post, especially because my husband has always been so into clothing and style for men, and now he makes his own! I agree with Dumbwit Tellher...a well-dressed man is so sexy! The quote by Hardy Amies is so funny and seems so true. :)

    I hope you are having a lovely week Simone!
    xoxo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. New laptop... woohoo!

    I love that James Dean was chosen more than once. I have quite the obsession with him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Simone, how wonderful. Each of the photos has a style statement of it's own. I have some of the same pics from Scott which epitomize chic street. The man in the suit, seated, my favorite.
    xx's

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jon, Jon, Jon, Jon, Jon, Jon, Jon, Jon, Jon - the only one for me in the style stakes!!
    Millie ^_^
    P.S. If MOTH ever finds out you 'accidentally' omitted him from this post, your done for sweet Simone!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My oh my...now that was something to scroll through with my morning tea! Might just need to go and cool down! Lovely lovely images and quotes - especially George and some of those well-dressed men! See? It can be done. Such a shame that so many men opt out; tailoring is the answer. I adore that preppy look. Hmmm - YUM. Happy Friday sweetpea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simone... what a fantastic post! Loved all the photos - some very stylish men their indeed! I'll be looking forward to part two very much! I love the Sartorialist... I could scroll through that blog for days on end. Happy Friday Lovely! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant Post Simone,

    What a great collection of very stylish men, there is something about Paul Newman.

    Will be placing my vote for your blog soonest.

    Happy Weekend
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an explosion of eye candy and style. Love the sartorial quotes. A great start to my Friday morning, thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. so, you could just post that pic of George Clooney in a tux over and over and over and I'd still come back and read every day. you got my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great way to start the weekend. :) Have a happy one! MMx

    ReplyDelete
  14. All I have to say is: YUM!! Happy weekend, Simone!!! Counting down the days!! :) xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good to see the men making an appearance this Friday. Great choice of men nominated too. George (do we need to even mention his surname these days?!) is just gorgeous, whatever he wears! Love to browse The Sartorialist and Garance Dore too. Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. **sigh** I am showing this post to my husband when he returns home tomorrow:-)) I am so tired of drowning in a sea of navy blue every time I open his closet door.:) Bless his heart, he did venture out and purchase a pale blue shirt the other day. Baby steps.:-)))))

    Have a glorious weekend, Simone! Enjoy your laptop!

    xo,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love this posting. Have been dipping into your blog for a while now. Thank you for taking the time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Simone, Thank you for your lovely reply - so glad you haven't disappeared! I know, kids and computers are a v bad combination.... I have to battle with my 7-year-old to get near the computer sometimes.
    Yes I will blog about my move... going from Newcastle to Dublin, in ten days' time. It's exciting but nerve-wracking too - lots of great boutiques and cafes there though and will be living by the sea. All best wishes, and thank you for adding me to your blogroll - very chuffed to be on your page. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  19. So dapper and handsome!! Wow Simone :) This is an excellent kick off to my weekend hehe hope you have a lovely weekend and congrats on the much deserved nomination my sweet sweet friend. You are amazing! xoxox PS Guess what came in the mail today for me!? xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  20. Newman and Clooney...will there ever been anyone quite as dapper?

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is a good post! ( :
    Paul Newman is just so effortlessly classy isn't he.
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  22. Simone!! The Cosmo blog award!! How exciting....of course we will be voting our hearts out for you.

    This post was very easy on the eyes. Jon Hamm just does it for me. I'm not sure if it's so much Jon Hamm as "Don Draper" though. Hmmm. George of course says thank you for the mention. He's just finished folding my laundry and wanted to pass on his appreciation....he's gracious like that. Meredy xo.
    p.s. I got my book yesterday!! Thank you , thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Look at those plaid pants in the second photo... Gorgeous!! Great job with this photo collection. You always seem to have an eye for fabulousness!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It was a lovely post to read and look at too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I enjoyed every one ! I would go people watching with you anytime ! x

    ReplyDelete

« »
Related Posts with Thumbnails

The Bottom of the Ironing Basket All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger