~ A Delicious Day ~

image via here

Bonjour all you lovelies, it's Simply Mel from Reverie!  I am beyond honored to be visiting Simone's beautiful world, and since I am quite a fan of her vacation spot, Villefranche, then I thought I would share a little secret with each of you.  One day (hopefully in the near future), we plan to meet Simone and her family while they are in this idyllic French Mediterranean village, and I've been daydreaming of our delicious day together!

images via here

We will begin our day with a bike ride to the markets gathering anything that happens to suit our fancy at that very moment!  

images via here

No doubt, all our senses will be tantalized by all the incredible array of delectable offerings.

images via here

Once we return to the apartment with all our divine selections, we will need to take a brief afternoon reprieve to recount all the lovely discoveries of the day.

images via here

And as the sun sets and our seasonal foods have been prepared to perfection, we will dine upon the terrace overlooking the glowing colors of Villefranche and indulging in the bliss of a delicious day with wonderful friends.

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful beautiful photos.... and how fun to see you over here Melissa!

    xoxo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous, Melissa!! That sounds like a perfect day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's it Mel...I'm coming too. This sounds soooo delightful and beautiful. I so hope it works out and you get to spend time together one day.

    I'm off to your place now!!!
    hugs DJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this post! What a great way to awaken the senses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds lovely...I'd be glad to come along :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heaven! I am packing my bags now and hopping on a flight!! Villefranche here I come!! :)

    Lovely post. Merci.

    xx C

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely to see your post on here! I hope your visit together is as beautiful as you anticipate. :)

    wildmagnolia9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that you can count me in on that trip too!! Lovely guest post ~ I shall come see you for a visit soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Mel, this looks - and sounds - absolutely beautiful , thank you so much!! Such wonderful images!

    The extraordinary thing is....that the street in the first photos is in fact where we are staying!!!! And that photo looks as though it is taken from outside our apartment, I will check when I go downstairs today......that is incredible!!!!! You couldn't possibly have known that!!
    As well as visiting the French markets this time, we took the train over the border to Italy just 30 mins away...the food Market there was amazing!!

    Here's tingly next tripnto France :)

    Thank you've so much xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I'm french and I've never even been there...looks gorgeous! I love Simone's blog too and I'm off to visit yours! x LondonZest

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow...how different from my big city Miami world! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The are all AMAZING:-)))*

    I LOVE summer market days,that gives me always so colourful feeling by...the are beyond INSPIRATIONAl!!!

    Thank you for share,
    Wish you whimsical last summer days,my dear friend:-)*

    Love,
    ***Violetta***

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello! Gorgeous guest post - and it makes me want to join the bread girl too! Haha. I am sure Simone will be having a wonderful time, but will be happy her blog is in such safe hands! Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  14. PS.....Mel, if you are reading this that last sentence of mine was supposed to read "here's to your next trip to France"!! Commenting on an iPhone can be a challenge sometimes :)

    PPS That first photo IS taken from exactly outside our apartment....uncanny!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am for sure coming to Italy now! This is just spectacular! Simone always has the most talented guest bloggers! :)

    xo M

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my I just got swept back a year ago that I was there, nothing like it in the world, I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete

« »
Related Posts with Thumbnails

The Bottom of the Ironing Basket All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger