Va Va Voom








The beautiful Monica Bellucci appeared in the press this morning in the above shots -
she's currently filming the new Dolce & Gabbana campaign in Portofino, Italy.

The actress has a close relationship with D&G having worked with them many times...
she's sexy and Italian, what more do you want?!

Depending on which newpaper you read, there were various comments about how Ms Bellucci is a "real woman" with "curves"....the usual description applied to anyone who isn't a size 4/6 stick insect.
The other female model - who is also very beautiful - is 20 years younger.

What is wrong with the world when someone as sexy, sensual, confident, experienced and beautiful as Ms Bellucci is in some way criticised - for being too old/curvy/irrelevant/not what she was.

It's absolutely ridiculous!! And it that's what "losing your looks" looks like.....please??!!
I could only dream of looking that stunning.

I would much rather see someone like her modelling than some emaciated and colourless waif -
thank goodness that Dolce & Gabbana have a genuine appreciation of the female body in all its shapes and sizes.

Oh yes, and she's 47 years old. Get over it!!



15 comments:

  1. She is stunning - as is that red handbag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's unbelievably sexy. And how great are these chilli earrings?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love the retro look and the curves.

    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree - she is divine, and what a breath of fresh air in this age of over-airbrushing and bland celebs. She's an amazing ad for the power of red lipstick, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. she looks wonderful, I love these pictures; how clever the DG people are!

    Love the boys too, especially the patent leather shoes without socks ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen sister! In total agreement with you...she is gorgeous and I much prefer her look to the anorexic ladies that I see here in LA! xxoo :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is gorgeous Simone ~ love the fashions and she is sexy ~ my my those red lips!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "I would much rather see someone like her modelling than some emaciated and colourless waif"--A big "amen" to that! I get so annoyed when fashion writers, or whoever, act like normal women are somehow unusual and are somehow attractive in spite of those pesky curves!

    The other day I watched a marathon of an America's Next Top Model from a few years ago. The girl who was supposedly a "plus-size" model--well, calling her that was just laughable! I don't know on what planet she could possibly have been considered plus-sized. She had a lovely body; I didn't see an ounce of flab or cellulite. Plus-sized, REALLY???

    OK. Rant over. :)

    Cindy @ Notes in the Key of Life

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes, stunningly beautiful and so feminine.

    Kudos to D and G

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is so gorgeous, always have loved her. I'll take her lips please! :):) The shoot looks amazing, can't wait to see it all. Hope you are having a great week my darling Simone!

    xx
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  11. The red lips, the handbag!!

    mimilovesmimi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amen!

    I totally agree. She is all woman and absolutely stunning!

    Va va voooom indeed!

    xx C

    ReplyDelete
  13. She's sensational. I saw Christy Turlington doing a US Vogue shoot when I was in Portofino. Even though I have worked with lots of models in the past - she blew me away ...she was perfect. I kept the Vogue for about 10 years to remind me of the moment but I have since thrown it away for fear of becoming a hoarder!
    Melissah from Scrapbook

    ReplyDelete

« »
Related Posts with Thumbnails

The Bottom of the Ironing Basket All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger