Wellness.....in quotes


"I believe that the very purpose of life is to be happy. From the very core of our being, we desire contentment. In my own limited experience I have found that the more we care for the happiness of others, the greater is our own sense of well-being. Cultivating a close, warmhearted feeling for others automatically puts the mind at ease. It helps remove whatever fears or insecurities we may have and gives us the strength to cope with any obstacles we encounter. It is the principal source of success in life. Since we are not solely material creatures, it is a mistake to place all our hopes for happiness on external development alone. The key is to develop inner peace".
Dalai Lama



"Health, contentment, and trust are your greatest possessions. And freedom your greatest joy".
Buddha


"I promise myself…to be so strong that nothing can disturb my peace of mind; to talk health, happiness, and prosperity to every person I meet; to make all my friends feel that there is something worthwhile in them; to look at the sunny side of everything and make my optimism come true; to think only of the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best; to be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as I am about my own; to forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future; to wear a cheerful expression at all times and give a smile to every living creature I meet; to give so much time to improving myself that I have no time to criticize others; to be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble; to think well of myself and to proclaim this fact to the world, not in loud word, but in great deeds; to live in the faith that the whole world is on my side, so long as I am true to the best that is in me".
Christian D. Larson


"To ensure good health: eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness and maintain an interest in life".
William Louden




These quotes were sent to me by Cathi who writes the blog Everyday Adventures of A Curious Gal and I love them....thanks Cathi!

Happy Monday!

7 comments:

  1. Ooh, sighing in Hobart, Simone. A adore them - every single one. Walking the walk is the hard challenge, though. J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words of wisdom!
    Thanks for share, believe it or not, I find some answers to my life here today :-)
    Thank you, Have a lovely week, Eliana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww thank you, I must confess to being in a glum Monday mood but these notes & images of positivity have lifted my heavy heart. So thank you very much xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi sweet london gal- inner peace...that's what i am focusing on- as you know to varying degrees at the moment...

    that wonderful image of the lone surfer on the top of the wave calmed me...

    the warmth of coffee with a sweet friend gave me just the calm i needed - for me a total feeling of wellbeing...

    cathi is a wise and wonderful friend to send you these...

    thanks for some monday morning direction...M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos, that you put with the quotes Simone - just fabulous! xxoo :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know that Cathi has the best arsenal of quotes!! These ones are perfect Simone. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm wondering yet again how I can have the screen permanently fixed on your blog!! The quotes are fabulous
    xx

    ReplyDelete

« »
Related Posts with Thumbnails

The Bottom of the Ironing Basket All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger