Goodbye 2011!


I am so ready for 2012....
I feel like standing outside my home with a huge sign reading "2012....This Way Please - and Hurry Up!"
I cannot wait to sit down tomorrow and make those new year plans.

We've a lovely Christmas- albeit a germ-sprinkled one- we've eaten, played, watched films, danced, laughed...and then eaten some more. 
We've hibernated and really really enjoyed our party of four.

My 6 year son has talked non-stop about Father Christmas, having tried to stay awake for him, he's 100% certain that he heard bells and he continued to wonder why reindeer are so messy every single year, leaving carrots and water awash in the special bowl we leave under the Christmas tree every year.

He's disappointed that we had no snow in London....he has concluded that Father Christmas is very busy and can't always get around to arranging everything.
The magic of Christmas is truly alive and well in our home, long may it continue. 

Anyone who reads my blog knows that I love to read and this holiday has provided some quiet time for me to do that....
I've read six totally different books, which for me is just bliss.

Holidays are also the perfect time to declutter, re-organise and generally cleanse.
Never happier than when I'm sorting out a drawer or a cupboard, I've emptied, tidied and cleared....
donated to the local shelter and charity shop and given items away on Freecycle.
I'm also considering a sideline in batteries, phone cords and coloured pencils ;)

I feel cleansed, re-energised and totally ready for a new year to begin!!


Tonight we are heading off to watch the London New Year fireworks, wrapped up extremely warm and armed with blankets and hot chocolate.

Happy New Year everyone!!

19 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!

    I wish my Holiday this year provided time to refresh and such, maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year!!!

    XoXo

    http://www.wildmagnolia17.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Simone,

    Stay warm and don't catch a cold! Happy New Year to all of you.

    Love,

    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! So jealous you get to be in London for it, the hubby and I have been there 3 times and LOVE it there:-)

    Here's to a fabulous 2012!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like the perfect evening! Cheers to a wonderful New Year! xxoo :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like the perfect way to ring in the New Year.

    Wishing you so much happiness for 2012.
    hugs & xxx Deej

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fabulously optimistic New Year post Simone - love it!
    Millie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 2012 to you and yours. The London fireworks looked amazing and made me proud to be a Londoner again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Were you there with your family watching the fireworks over Big Ben? I've never seen EVER such a beautiful firework display. It must have been so exciting to be there. Happy new year to you and your family Simone.
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Sweetheart. I adore your positivity - it's positively energising me in faraway Australia. Finding you has been such a sweet spot in a hard year for me in 2011 - I'm counting that a a huge blessing. Wishing you and yours only the best in 2012. J x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning 2012! I am reading this with a slightly sore head after last night, but wanted to say hello and comment how much I love your sentiment in this post. It literally makes me want to declutter my house! Start fresh. Wipe the slate clean. This will be a big year for us...new schools and new starts. Goodness me. Something to ponder next time we are together :-) much love Simone; you are a tonic to me. Lou lou x

    ReplyDelete
  12. P.S. Weren't the fireworks incredible?? Omg. We were just stunned and that was just watching it on tv! Must have been awesome to be there...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year - here's to 2012!

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simone that image brings me so much joy!!

    Happy New Years & All the best in 2012!

    I hope you will enter my Giveaway From Serena & Lily!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woohoo ~ 2012 ~ here's looking at you kid! Your Christmas sounds like it was perfect Simone ~ germs excluded of course. Hoping the fireworks were amazing and that you all were snuggled up in love along with your hot chocolate. I have spent today doing nothing ~ kicking myself for it now as we are getting ready to head out the door for our annual chinese food extravaganza at Mom's. Hugs to you sweet girl ~ 2012 is going to be a great year. xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy New Year! Hope you had a lovely time watching the fireworks.

    ReplyDelete

« »
Related Posts with Thumbnails

The Bottom of the Ironing Basket All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger