Oscars 2012 : Best Dressed




Octavia Spencer in Tadashi Shoji
Everything an Oscar Red Carpet dress should be for me....total glamour and sparkle, she looked radiant, comfortable and every inch an Oscar winner....perfect!  
My Best Dressed of the night.



Emma Stone in Giambattista Valli Haute Couture


Glenn Close in Zac Posen
I absolutely loved this and it was a close second for my best dressed to be honest....such a fabulous colour on her, she looked fantastic.

Livia Giuggioli in Valentino  



Meryl Streep in Lanvin



Michelle Williams in Louis Vuitton



Jessica Chastain in Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen 



Giuliana Rancic in Tony Ward
I loved this dress on her, it was a perfect choice, she really dazzled. 




Milla Jojovich in Elie Saab


Shailene Woodley in Valentino Couture
A beautiful girl who could have worn pretty much anything and looked fabulous - not everyone liked her choice of dress but I thought she carried herself so beautifully in it and I love that it's not an obvious choice.

Tina Fey in Carolina Herrera
Carolina Herrera chose Tina Fey as the only star they wanted to dress at this year's Oscars and I think  this is the best she's ever looked - so elegant, this looked amazing live on TV.

10 comments:

  1. What about Gwyneth,Simone ? I don't always think that she chooses the right dress for her but I thought she looked beautiful. I didn't think that it was the BEST red carpet ever.... a little flat I thought but that's just my opinion !!
    Loved Meryl and Glenn Close and Octavia did look beautiful. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my...there are sime mighty fine dresses here....if I was going to the Oscars I would wear Vivienne Westwood!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hummm agree with most did not like Jessica Chastains choice at all, and didn't care for Emma Watson, really like her and love the color but didnt' care for the cut...I thought Georges girlfriend, Stacy looked great as did Cameron Diaz. Glen Close looks good but it feels dated to me and though Meryl just glowed...looked better than ever! Fun to see what everyone thinks!
    Overall wasn't overly impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning dresses so many fabulous choices. I would have liked to see Meryl's gown more fitted; it looked a size too large. I was so thrilled for her!

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't get to watch the whole show, but I thought Meryl Streep looked especially lovely last night! As a "woman-of-a-certain-age" myself, I was encouraged and inspired to see how gorgeous an older woman really can look.

    I've been looking at photos of the red-carpet looks, and I have to say, the ladies really outdid themselves. Some of the gowns are just incredibly beautiful!

    Cindy at Notes in the Key of Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard a lot about Jennifer Lopez's "wardrobe malfunction," which a lot of people are saying never really happened. I do think she looked stunning as always.

    Cindy at Notes in the Key of Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much beauty!!
    I loved Octavia Spencer as well, she really shone!
    Colin Firth and Livia always look flawless- now that's a power couple ;)
    Milla Jovovich and Jessica Chastain- wow!
    I also really liked Penelope Cruz's gown- if you're gonna go big, the Oscar's are the place to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh I was waiting for your run-down! I must say I wasn't bowled over the dresses this year - there was alot of safe but I did love Gwyneth's white one. Octavia looks absolutely stunning, so beautiful. I like Emma Stone in general - but this pussy bow is just gorgeous! Oh but poor George didn't win ;-( ahh well I hear The Artist is fabulous. Hope you are feeling better. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Giuliana Rancic looked incredible. My fave of the night hands down :) Great round up my sweetness. I hope you are doing fabulous! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm still love love loving Emma and Michelle. Octavia definitely looked amazing though.

    ReplyDelete

« »
Related Posts with Thumbnails

The Bottom of the Ironing Basket All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger