Oscars 2012 : Part 2


Stacy Keibler in Marchesa - a beautiful gown but I think her hair would have suited another style.

Jean Dujardin and his beautiful wife Alexandra Lamy - love this couple - and love how he is gripping her hand so tightly, that Red Carpet must be quite overwhelming at times!



Penelope Cruz
Loved her Armani dress and she always looks so beautiful - the whole look just lacked the "wow" factor for me though. 



Natalie Portman in vintage Christian Dior

Amara Miller in Valentino - she looked so beautiful in this. 
She's 11 - can you imagine?! Lucky girl! 

Rose Byrne


I thought Angelina Jolie looked beautiful but just could not understand why she stood so inelegantly with her leg sticking out of her dress in every single shot, it totally ruined the look for me!!
  

Jennifer Lopez in Zuhair Murad....
I can't decide exactly what I don't love about this dress, I think it's the sleeves.....
I do love her hair and make up though.


Love Sandra Bullock but really didn't like her dress, it aged her terribly. 


I'm so happy that "The Artist" did so well....Jean Dujardin was fabulous in the movie.
Meryl Streep - I haven't seen "The Iron Lady" but Ms Streep can do no wrong - loved her acceptance speech too.

Beautiful Elie Saab dress - wrong choice for Berenice Bejo though. 


I'm not a Gwynneth Paltrow fan at all - I am a Tom Ford fan though and I liked this even more when she took the cape off.




9 comments:

  1. Totally agree on the Angie stance. And that Tom Ford dress...simply TO DIE FOR. Did you notice the beautiful shoulder work? xx's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, Anegelina just looked like she was trying too hard, when normally she looks so effortless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I din't get the whole leg thing either--it just looked really weird.

    And Rose Byrne is my style crush of the moment--thought she looked amazing!As did Natalie Portman--but then I think Natalie Portman can do no wrong...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the Tom Ford on Gwyneth. From the structure of the shoulder pads to the gold shoe, I thought she was flawless from head to toe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So agree with ALL your comments Sim. In fact on Spanish tv Penelope Cruz's outfit was described as "sos-sos" which is a colloquial way of saying "blah" or bland ;-)
    I also didn't like Jennifer Lopez's dress too much, but then loved what she changed into for the party afterwards (not sure if you've seen it).
    Lovely images Sim xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agreed; JLo always has a freshly made-up face for the red carpet and cute hair.

    Didn't get the cape on Gwen, it agaed her too.

    Hope you are fab my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree Simone, Gwynneth looked sensational with or without the cape, I think.
    I think the dress Jennifer Lopez wore was outdated glamour and if she can't make it look good????
    Penelope Cruz looks sensational she has the 'wow' factor for me ;)
    Enjoy your week...hope you're feeling much better.
    Catherine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jessica Chastain was my favourite in that Alexander McQueen. And I think Angelina was gorgeous as usual, but like you I wondered... what was she doing??

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved Jolie's posing with her leg sticking out. She knew what she was doing whether we all thought it looked ridiculous or not. Ha!

    Jean Dujardin is so sexy. Mmm!

    ReplyDelete

« »
Related Posts with Thumbnails

The Bottom of the Ironing Basket All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger