Finally Friday....





I absolutely LOVE this room, just look at that high ceiling and those fabulous windows....


....my husband proposed to me in front of the Dakota building and overlooking this lake in Central Park...I've just emailed him this photo :) 




....i don't think i could ever be this organised, i wouldn't mind this pantry though!



Oh, I'm glad it's Friday, so glad.
I'm certainly feeling better than I did at the beginning of the week but two weeks of school holidays starting Monday is definitely what the doctor ordered.
Tennis and netball camp for a few days and then, my favourite holiday activity....exploring London!

I am thinking....a boat trip down the River Thames to Greenwich and the Royal Observatory, Portobello Road, Sloane Square and King's Road, Columbia Road Flower Market, the Monument, Borough Market, Peggy Porschen's amazing cake shop.....

They say that the British talk about the weather a lot but the weather this week has been absolutely gorgeous....blue skies, sunshine, warm and quite blissful, it would be wrong not to appreciate it ever minute of it, particularly as we never know how long it will last.
It would be wonderful if it was like this next week....we'll see.


I've known my lovely friend Lara for 13 years or so
she used to live near Boston and now she lives near Seattle
we've been through a lot together, ups and downs
we have laughed and definitely cried together
we have a connection which is as strong today as it was when we first met

I say "met" although actually we've never met in person
we're part of an small online group of girls, it's a friendship where we just get each other
there's a shorthand and an understanding
we've talked on the phone and one day we'll meet, I'm absolutely certain of that
she's a comforter, one of those people that's just a constant in my life, 
sometimes she's the voice in my head - reassuring and wise
she's one of those friends that you really wished you lived next door to....   

Lara is creative, caring, emotional, strong and compassionate, kind....
a wonderful mother and super-thoughtful friend
she's funny, wise, clever, she writes a blog here 

today is her birthday so I just wanted to dedicate this post to her....with thanks for everything.
Happy Birthday Lara, I love you sweetie xx

Happy Week-end!!

13 comments:

  1. What a lovely post, and how cool that you've been able to maintain such a great friendship across the miles and years without ever having met! Awesome. Have a fabulous weekend, Simone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simone you are truly one of the best friends that a girl could ever ask for. What a beautiful post this is for her birthday. I am blessed to be able to call you friend as well. Hugs & Love to you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely post, Simone...your friend must have a tear in her eye...and what a wonderfully, romantic setting your husband chose...have a lovely weekend and enjoy your time exploring London..you've chosen a few of my favourites there...Borough Market, Sloane Square and the King's Road...London, Glorious London ;-)
    Catherine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to hear you're having lovely weather so exploring is exactly what you guys should do. And, what a wonderful friend you are, Simone. But then I knew that. :)'s

    ReplyDelete
  5. The weather has been amazing here. I'm beginning to think the Mayans were right. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my sweet, dear friend. No one has ever honored me in such a way. I am touched beyond words. And yes, very weepy. :)) I treasure our friendship so much and I, too know we will meet one day. And I can't wait...thank you for always being there for me! Love you tons and tons! oxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simone..feels like forever and it is so nice to see your blog is as beautiful as ever! Your photos hit just the right note, a perfect way to start the school break. Fingers crossed the weather holds. It has been glorious. Made me wonder if we should wait until May to open the pool. :)
    I so 'get' your comment about making special friends thru blogging. So hard to describe to non-bloggers ...
    Very best wishes Simone...
    Jeanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that quote from Colin Wright resonated with me big time mate. Hope you & the kids enjoy the school hols to the max.
    Millie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry Simone, my iPad is doing strange things this morning!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful Simone! Every time I read one of your posts I'm reminded why I get SO much joy out of blogging. You really are the embodiment of what it's all about. Lucky friend - lucky you. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely friend you are Sim (but I knew that also). It's really difficult to explain to those who don't blog how you can just "connect" with people you've never met. I've given up trying to convince anyone of anything ;-)
    Have a lovely weekend Sweets and enjoy Spring in London (one of the most beautiful cities this time of the year) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are beautiful beyond words. What a lovely tribute to our dear Lara! I echo each and every word you said! I love my girls!! <3

    ReplyDelete

« »
Related Posts with Thumbnails

The Bottom of the Ironing Basket All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger