Ten Things I'm Really Looking Forward To This Week-end
1. Sunshine....we've had some beautiful weather this week, this morning I didn't even need a coat. More of that on the way hopefully.
2. Coffee.... tomorrow morning with friend that I haven't seen for 3 weeks while our children have their tennis lesson. One whole hour of a much needed catch up.
Lemon "pull-apart" loaf - great name...how delicious does this look?
3. Feeling better....I've felt under the weather for most of February, most unlike me....
having said that, I've just had to run to school to pick up my son who has a poorly tummy....germs be away with you!!
4. Clothes shopping with my daughter...she will be 11 in a couple of weeks time but already is only about two inches and one shoe size smaller than me, every time she comes home from school, I'm sure she's grown!
It hardly seems five minutes ago that I had to stand her on a stool to do her hair, now I have to ask her to sit down!
It's a strange feeling.
Diane Kruger at the Vanity Fair Oscars After-Party
5. A Sunday morning visit to Hampstead Heath....sometimes I walk with a friend at 8am or sometimes I run or walk and my daughter cycles with me up to Kenwood House.
It's an English Heritage property, a beautiful house with grounds that are part of Hampstead Heath and has glorious views over London.
We can walk there in 20 minutes.
6. Cooking......meatballs, stuffed courgettes, lasagne.
Saturday afternoon cooking while I listen to the radio.
Planning....a cake for my Dad who will be 70 on Tuesday and cupcakes for my daughter who is having her birthday party next week-end.
7. Reading.....finishing "Half-Broke Horses" by Jeannette Walls (who also wrote the excellent "The Glass Castle") and "A Prayer for Owen Meany" by John Irving.
8. Party Planning....after a few years of celebrating her birthday with just a few friends, my daughter is year having her whole class of 30 for a birthday dance next week....yikes!!
I am having some help with the party but I will be catering it myself...
I'm thinking pizza and then going BIG on dessert....I'm planning on creating an ice cream parlour....
any idea/suggestions/hints/photos welcome!
9. Writing my Life List....my gorgeous and talented friend Kim wrote one here and I want to make one too, I started off the year wanting to move forward and there's nothing like a good list to help me focus :)
10. Cricket.....my son joins a cricket team for the first time this week-end.
Cricket whites, so British and lovely...I can already feel summer getting nearer :)
Have a wonderful week-end!