Meryl Streep


Meryl Streep is one of my favourite actresses and when I spotted this on Pinterest recently, it made think how  little she has changed over the years....
she has the most amazing cheekbones and such luminous skin.
I love this photo.
  

Oscars 2012


....with her husband of 34 years Don Gummer
"I want him to know that everything I value most in our lives you've given me." ....her words to him in her acceptance speech at the Oscars this year 

They met in 1978 when Meryl got an offer to move into the vacant apartment of her brother's friend, Don Gummer. Don was traveling in Europe, so he didn't mind if Meryl stayed. When he got back, she didn't move out, and within six months they got married. Isn't that a great story!



....her beautiful and eldest daughter, actress Mamie Gummer....

....all three of her daughters....

13 comments:

  1. She is very beautiful and a phenomenal actress, but something about her irks me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that photograph of Meryl on Pinterest too and instantly loved it (envy her cheekbones!). Love her love story as well - so sweet and romantic! Her acceptance speech words made me tear up a little :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love everything about her! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simone I adore her as an actor , a woman , and icon. I would however love to have her beauty secrets!!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOOOh! I love Meryl too, besides being so pretty, she is the best actress around..Is that her Hubby??
    yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my favourite actresses too, Simone...she has hardly changed at all...beautiful lady. Such a lovely story about meeting her husband...she is ageing gracefully...oh, those cheekbones ;-)
    Have a great week.
    Catherine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's a beauty and so are her fabulous daughters by the looks of it! Love a retrospective!
    Helen, Founder of http://www.saveeverystep.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Simone,
    I love her too so reading your post was lovely, thanks for sharing!
    Maureen xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. She IS a fantastic actress, and just stunning to boot. I love the story of how she met her husband, and WOW, what beautiful daughters! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She really is gorgeous and her daughters got her genes as well. It's amazing how little she has changed. I hope I can do the same! Have great week:)
    Jenniferxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely story! Somehow you just KNOW that Meryl Streep is the sort of woman who will have a nice steady history behind her - makes me want her to be one of my mates - YAY for team Streep!
    p.s. Just back from holiday, and simply LOVING having a read of all the posts that I've missed! Paula x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, Simone, another reason to love you: I LOVE Meryl Streep too. Every time I see her I say to Hubby: "When I grow up..." and he finishes with: "I know, I know, you want to be just like her."

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh yes, she is such a beautiful and great woman - LOVE her!

    ReplyDelete

« »
Related Posts with Thumbnails

The Bottom of the Ironing Basket All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger