"Singin' in the Rain"


I've always loved musicals, I grew up watching them....
and really, who couldn't love them? 
They're just a joyful, fun & happy experience, total escapism.

This week my daughter & I went to see "Singin' in the Rain" at London's Palace Theatre.
It was absolutely fantastic!!



The original cast of Gene Kelly, Donald O'Connor & Debbie Reynolds are almost impossible to beat but the stars of this show - Adam Cooper, Scarlett Strallen & Daniel Crossley  - do a fabulous job.

The dancing is energetic, slick & exciting to watch & all three leads are very accomplished singers. 
The whole production has a great energy and is full of fun & laughs.
It's hard to believe that this year is the 60th anniversary of the movie.

The famous "rain scene" where Don sings "Singin' in the Rain" was impressive to say the least....
there's a lot of rain, splashing & great dancing - as stage effects go, this was amazing!

14, 000 litres of water is used every performance - pumped in and out (via half a mile of flexible hosing) to & from a 10 ton water tank under the orchestra pit .
The water is recycled every show.

We had a wonderful time - as I think did everyone judging by the standing ovation the audience gave the cast. 
It's a brilliant production - especially good were Daniel Crossley as Cosmo Brown & Katherine Kingsley as Lina Lamont.

I enjoyed it so much that I've booked to see it again with two girlfriends next month!
If you're visiting London & want to see a West End show, I'd totally recommend it, 
you are guaranteed to leave smiling :)



6 comments:

  1. what a perfect show to see with your daughter. Oh-how-I love old movies, especially Gene Kelly's. How nice to have girls, as a mom of boys (at least mine) I'm not sure it would be received quite the same way. Thank goodness for my husband!
    Leslie (aka Gwen Moss)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love old movies and this is one of my faves - I so wish I could see it on stage! Happy happy weekend, my friend! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simone, I'm the ultimate Broadway & musical show junkie. I love concerts too, rock or classical. I understand completely. My kids went with me from the time they could enjoy them. Love...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!! Oh I knew you'd like it when I saw on twitter that you were going. The show spent a season here before heading to London to basically the whole town went to see it and were raving. We saw the second to last show they did here, kids too, and LOVED it. So uplifting. I agree - those actors captured the whole era perfectly. Makes me smile just thinking about it. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love musicals too..think I will have to go and see this ;-) just got tickets for Cabaret...think that will be fantastic too.
    Have a lovely weekend, Simone.
    Catherine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love musicals as well. Singing in the rain is one of my all time favorites. To bad I am far far away from London. It seems like a great production!

    ReplyDelete

« »
Related Posts with Thumbnails

The Bottom of the Ironing Basket All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger