The Proposal : Happy Valentine's Day




....the most romantic moment of my life wasn't my wedding day....
it was, far and away, the moment my husband proposed to me.

I've talked about it on my blog before ....
it was a Sunday in December in NYC & we'd paused for a quiet moment whilst cycling around Central Park on our rented bikes.

It was a movie-style romantic moment.
Sixteen years ago but I can still remember as though it was just last year.
The crowds melted away & it was just us.
It was a total surprise....
I can remember he was halfway through his speech before my brain (and my heart) realised what was about to happen.

My whole world changed in that moment....
I can remember feeling that everything somehow looked different afterwards.
It still takes my breath away when I think about it.

It is without doubt, the most perfect & special moment of my life.

We are bound together, whatever challenges we face....it's us against that big ol' world.

To my husband....
for being there day after day.... 
for all the good qualities that make you you....
for being a safe pair of hands & for having a warm & generous heart.

I love you.
Happy Valentine's Day.











this is one of my favourite ever wedding pictures....such an elegant & stunning couple 

We always exchange a gift, sometimes just something small but special....
it's always the thought that counts.

Such lovely candles here .....
such a beautiful & romantic gift, personalised & scented.
Perfect for Valentine's Day!

16 comments:

  1. aaaah....how absolutely lovely.....I was proposed to in a motel room in Fresno by my ex-husband, perhaps that's why he's my ex......pass me another chocolate heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm moved.... My husband and me have been together for almost 8 years and I feel exactly the same :-) Happy V day!Coco

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one of the most romantic proposals ever, Simone! Very movie like! Enjoy your evening with your fabulous husband! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simone, these are such incredible images (especially the third one) but the real beauty is in your story! How very romantic.
    I hope you have a wonderful day together!
    xo
    Leslie (Gwen Moss)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, this is the sweetest love note ever!

    I adore all your wedding photos - makes me want to get remarried again and again and again (only to my honey of course!)

    I jumped back to your NYC post and have to tell you that while the city is on my "life list" - you words have jumped it much higher up the list!

    Happy Valentines Day to you and yours!

    Mikal

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Simone. What a perfect day for both of you. Big hug flying over the sea to your home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful story Simone.
    Happy Valentines day,
    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely Simone.......After 25 years of happy marriage, I remember my husband proposing to me like it was yesterday. On the steps of Sacre Coeur in Paris at midnight.......

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    Sophia x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect post Simone for this romantic day. Your proposal story has always been a favourite of mine. Hugs. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a lovely romantic post, some great photo's.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your story of your husbands proposal and those beautiful wedding images make for a wonderful post for Valentines Day Simone.
    Wishing you a lovely weekend . XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! It brought tears to my eyes reading how you felt on your proposal day! My husband proposed to me on Valentine's Day and I loved it!

    I hope you had a wonderful and romantic day, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful. Isn't love wonderful?

    ReplyDelete

« »
Related Posts with Thumbnails

The Bottom of the Ironing Basket All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger