Motherhood Mondays : Ask Me A Question....


My son is 8 years old....still my "baby" but growing wiser every day.
He's my curious child, always asking questions & wanting to talk,
He's positive, sporty, enthusiastic, wakes up happy & laughs easily.

His favourite colour is orange, he loves sushi & he goes to sleep wearing a brown bear onesie & clutching not one but five special soft animals as tightly as he can.

He has a ton of energy & I'm told he's a natural sportsman, but if you asked him what he likes doing best, he'd probably say reading.
He loves his friends & likes to be challenged.
We've always been very in tune with each other & personality-wise he is very similar to me.

He's wonderful company & has always been a very easy child.

He's also still young enough to tell me that he plans to live at home with me forever....
this boy completely has my heart.


I spotted the questions above on Pinterest recently & thought it would be fun to try some of them, plus some of my own, out on him :)

1. Describe yourself in 3 words?
funny, a good reader, helpful

2. Describe Mummy in 3 words?
very nice, thoughtful, brilliant at doing jobs
(i am assuming that by "jobs", he means housework!)

3. Where is your favourite place in the whole world?
anywhere with Mr Bird 
(the cuddly toy that he's had since he was born)

4. What is your favourite book?
the 6th Harry Potter book - "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince"

5. Where is a place that you'd like to visit, somewhere you haven't been before?
Barcelona

6. When you grow up, what do you want to be?
a cricket player, a rugby player, a lawyer, a businessman

7. What is your favourite film?
"Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief"

8. Who is your favourite TV character?
Scooby Doo

9. What would be your favourite meal?
Snails, noodles with prawns, chocolate mousse + strawberry ice cream, lemonade
(note from me...he's eaten snails twice in France, they are not on our menu at home ;))
  
10. If you were King of the World for the day, what would the rules be?
nobody would live on the streets
everybody would be friends
nobody would be selfish
everyone would read books

11. A bar of chocolate every day or a book every day?
a book every day
(note from me.....hoorah ;)) 

12. Your favourite takeaway food?
Thai

13. How are you & I the same?
we have the same colour hair, we're both nice & we have the same noses (we do!)

14. What is Mummy best at?
snuggling (:))

15. What do you & I like doing together?
shopping, tickling, snuggling, unpacking the shopping (his job....he loves this part!)

16. What makes Mummy laugh?
the television & when she sees me happy

17. What makes Mummy upset?
when I'm sad

18. How tall is Mummy?
183cm (6ft)
(I'm 5'7"!)

19. What is Mummy's favourite food?
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
(he knows me well ;))

20. How do you know Mummy loves you?
i feel it when she says good night
(be still my heart, i love this boy!) 

12 comments:

  1. This is adorable ~ love it! Don't you wish they would just stay that small and innocent...

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely, and how lucky you are

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness this is awesome. I've been wanting to do something like this with my own precious boys…maybe this is meant to be my inspiration! Soooo sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely boy. Great answers that made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Simone ….. Happy, happy birthday to your dear son ….. what beautiful answers he gave you.
    Hopefully he will stay a boy for as long as possible and, even when he is a man, he is going to love his mum just as much. Please wish him a wonderful day from me { even though he won't know who the heck you are talking about !!!! } XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. What eloquent answers!! A rugby player and a literary boy - perfect combination (although very rare!). I asked the same questions of my son and got some little surprises; they are funny aren't they? L x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful answers - he seems like a very wise soul! Hey - you're the same height as me! Haha. Give your son an extra hug from me tonight! I wish we could bottle up that age! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. I especially love his King of the World rules! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is the most beautiful thing ever. what a beautiful little boy you have simone :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pure deliciousness Simone. What a beautiful relationship you obviously share and what a gorgeous insight into a thoughtful, kind 8yr old soul. Give him a hug from me. M xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. My son's 8 too. This is a great idea!

    My son has recently decided he wants to be a paleontologist when he grows up... like Ross Geller. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm scrolling through this post with the biggest smile on my face. He is utterly adorable. (god I love that age) And a book lover too? My goodness, he is like his Mama isn't he? These were some wonderful questions.

    ReplyDelete

« »
Related Posts with Thumbnails

The Bottom of the Ironing Basket All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger